12/5/07

I Love to get updates on the photos

Grandpap loved to take photos of many buildings and structures around Greensburg, Pennsylvania. I no longer live in Pennsylvania, so I don't get to visit these places to see if they are still standing. But I love to hear about these places as they are today.

Last week I was contacted by an ower of a house that Grandpap took photos of back in 1974. The house is still standing, and the owers were excited to see photos of the house online.
The house had some windows replaced from what they said, the round windows aren't there any more.

This is how the home looked in 1974.



This is just one of the unique homes that he took photos of. This house is located in Irwin PA. It's such unique home that he captured in photos.

I did learn why he liked log cabins so well, he grew up in a log cabin in New Alexandria PA. I just learned that about him, a fact that I never knew before.


If you come across any photos in the collection, and can share any thing to update the information, please email me at fmyphotos@gmail.com . I love to hear about how these places have changed since he took the photos of them.

0 comments:



You can now Search the Blog or the main website for Bridges, Mills, and other historical buildings from this one location.
Are you looking for a certain bridge, type it in the search box and see the photos of it.